Thursday, August 30, 2007

Shops galore

Today I woke up at 10:30 am and ate breakfast: a chocolate bar with sweet ricotta cheese (Túró Rudi) and szülö (grapes) with ice tea. Then, I got dressed and waited for Sziszi to come at 12:30. It was very funny this morning when I was still at home, waiting for her. She called at 12:40 because I was supposed to meet her outside, but I didn't understand. I opened my apartment door, but she was not there. It took me a while to realize that the whole building was locked and that she had been waiting for 10 minutes outside.

We went to eat at their version of a mall. It has 2 stories and they call it the plaza. I ate cucumber, tomato, and pork salad and she had pizza. We had a long talk about religion. It took me a while to explain church. She thought that all religious people have to go to church. She asked me if I wanted to go to church and I told her that I did, but it wasn't necessary to have a relationship with God. If there was a church, that was good, but I didn't have to go. She was very confused. She said that she believes that God is alive, but she doesn't go to church because she is young and wants to be free. She said young people do not go to church. She also thought it was weird that I liked it because there is no one who is my age there. I told her about youth group, but I don't think she understood.

We rode the villamos (tram) to Erika's workplace and I was able to ask for a yegyet (ticket). Erika, my host mom, works in the city hall for the elections. Its apparently a very important job. I like Erika a lot. She took me to the Media shop to buy a hair straightener and they were very expensive. I payed 14000 forint for a hair straightener! That's like $100.00!

After the media store, Erika took me to the grocery store and told me to put in the cart whatever I wanted. So we got lots of Túló Rudi, black currant nectar, strawberry nectar, grapefruit juice, focaccia bread, and melted cheese bread that was so fresh, you could burn your hand holding it. Ha ha, I have to stop writing about food or else I will gain lots of weight.

3 comments:

oatmealsnap said...

Let's see some pictures, Pat!

Pompey Community Church Teen Group said...

Pat,
So wonderful to hear you are seeking Christ! We love you SO,SO much!!! Thank you for this fantastic blog!!!!
Bless you!!! Kari Lefebvre

Anna!! said...

Hi Pat, It sounds you are doing ok. I can't wait to hear more stories you be in my paryers Anna !!