Monday, September 17, 2007

Pictures and Explanations!


So this is my host mom. She basically rocks because she knows exactly how much freedom to give me. A week ago, we made some chocolate chip cookies and they were a success to say the least. Everyone went crazy and she would not stop telling everyone how good they were. We get along really well and I love my room. This picture was taken on the first night.

There are a couple of things that are different. For example, I cannot leave anything plugged in or there is a chance the apartment will burn down. I also am not allowed to do any dishes. I tried to do them for a week but my host mom kept telling me, "You are not in the United States anymore and I do the dishes."
This is my view outside my room. Yes, my room has a terrace. I love to go out at night and sit in the white chair. I can hear all the people speak in Hungarian and it is the most beautiful sound.


This is the university which I walk past every single day on the way to school to catch the villamos. Every once in a while, I run. It depends on how much of a hurry I am in and whether I can hear the villamos coming. Inside is magnificent. It looks like a palace.

1 comment:

Pompey Community Church Teen Group said...

Hi Pat!
It is so strange to think you are so far away!!! Enjoy all of the culture! Book study misses you!!! Love the Lefebvre's